1. Lululemon GRANT AVE Store Events this week:
*** Yoga Wellness Seminar: Sports Injury Prevention. Please join us at our store for the third seminar on Yoga Wellness taught by Neetu Ahluwalia. Dr. Ahluwalia is a doctor at Stanford’s Veterans Hospital. He specializes in pain management and wellness. This seminar will highlight how to prevent sports related injuries while enjoying an active lifestyle. The discussion will last 20 minutes and will be followed by a yoga stretching series taught by our Ambassador Buddy Macuha. The seminar will start at 7:30 pm.
*** Sunday Morning Yoga With YOGA TREE INSTRUCTORS! Please join us in our store for a complimentary yoga class with talented yoga tree instructors. The classes will be geared towards all-levels. We have extra yoga mats if you don’t have one! Class begins at 9:30 am. Hope to see you there!
*** Run Club Thursday nights 6pm. 5K and 10K routes around the city with your favorite friends from Lululemon!
2. FEARLESS FITNESS TIP OF THE WEEK: MUSIC MOTIVATION!
It is no secret that music has an uncanny ability to motivate us. The right song can make an otherwise dull workout become our finest hour. If your workouts are becoming boring, it may be time to PUMP UP your playlist. Make the extra effort and take the time to create a soundtrack that shines – it could help one mile become 6 in NO TIME. Some of my favorite workout music resources:
– NIKE sport music coaching runs and workouts. Nike created well coached workout podcast-playlists for purchase on iTunes. Run with Lance Armstrong, do outdoor intervals with Serena Williams, or master the treadmill with the band members of OK Go. You’ll be guided through a well structured workout with great music and motivating coaches. Purchase, download, and take the workout with you ANYWHERE! Find these on iTUNES or Nike’s website here: http://inside.nike.com/blogs/nikerunning_sportmusic-en_US/
– Run to the Rhythm with jogtunes.com . Jog Tunes website determines the BPMs (beats per minute) of songs to help you find music at the perfect pace to move to. Playlists for running, cycling, and even swimming are available on their extensive site. Having music to help you keep up your speed is extremely helpful in giving your workout the extra “oomph” it needs!
– Get ideas for personal playlists online at itunes sport iMix section. Review other user’s sporty selections and get ideas for your own.
3. FEARLESS FITNESS CHALLENGE of the week: Mix up Your Music!
Take some time this week to spice up your workout playlists. Not in the mood for a solo sweat session? Take a group fitness class with fun music to motivate you to get movin! Heres a list of some of my recent favorites to get you started….. (and yes OF COURSE theres a ton of Lady Gaga…. suprised?)
Bulletproof (Dave Aude Cherry Radio Remix) La Roux
Naturally (Dave Audé Radio Remix) – Selena Gomez & The Scene
Imma Be – Black Eyed Peas
All Night – Dont Stop – Janet Jackson
Poker Face (Space Cowboy Remix) – Lady GaGa
Sandstorm – Da Rude
Work It -Missy Eliott
Down (Jason Nevins Mix) – Jay Sean Ft Lil Wayne
Use Somebody Chew Fu Festival Mix – Kings Of Leon
Black & Gold – Sam Sparro
Bad Romance – Lady Gaga
Sexy Bitch (feat. Akon) – David Guetta
Teeth – Lady GaGa
Shake It – Metro Station
Mercy – Duffy
Wanna Be Startin’ Somethin’ – Michael Jackson
Zombie Nation Remix – Kernkraft 400
OMG (ft. Will I. Am) – Raymond vs Raymond Usher
Carry Out (feat. Justin Timberlake) – Timbaland
When Love Takes Over (feat. Kelly Rowland) – David Guetta
Rude Boy – Rihanna
Hit My Heart – Benassi Bros
Hot (Play & Win Radio Version) – Inna
Jump Around – House Of Pain
Wolf Like Me – TV on the Radio
I Wanna Rock – Snoop Dogg
Sex On Fire – Kings of Leon
Sweet Disposition – The Temper Trap
Uprising – Muse
The Blueprint 2 – Jay-Z
Sabatoge – The Beastie Boys
Ok not too many….. I’ve gotta save the good ones for class right?! Would LOVE to have you come see me this week for a workout or two 🙂 If you have a few FAVORITE songs to share I am ALL ears. Let the motivating music love go round! As always, I am here to support you in all of your fearless fitness pursuits. Please feel free to share your goals with me – I’ll be here to CHEER you on! Looking forward to our next workout and all the fearless fitness fun in-between. Until then…. enjoy the sweet sunshine and have a GREAT week!