Wanted to share these Healthy Valentines Treats with you to help you celebrate the “day of love” in style. I am a BIG believer in balance…. this February 14th indulge a bit! Spend some time with your loved ones, treat yourself to your favorite workout, and enjoy a sweet treat or festive drink. Holidays were created to remind us to CELEBRATE life – Have a great time today and Happy Valentines Day to You ALL!
Healthy Valentine’s Day Cupcakes!
Combine dry ingredients…
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup vanilla whey or organic rice protein powder 😉
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/3 cup organic sugar
- 3 tbs natural stevia powder… or 6 packets of stevia natural sweetener
Add one at a time to dry mix with a whisk…
- 2 egg whites
- 3 tbsp canola oil
- 1/2 cup nonfat plain organic Greek yogurt (this will add moisture)
- 3 tsp vanilla extract
** to make chocolate cupcakes, add 2 tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder and replace vanilla protein powder with chocolate powder.
Spray olive oil cooking pam on paper liners in cupcake pan. Pour mix in no more than 1/2 to 3/4 full (do not overfill). We like using mini cupcake trays too! Bake for 14-17 minutes or until middle is cooked (use a tooth pick and make sure it comes out dry when you test them). Let cool before you frost them 🙂
- 1 cup organic light cream cheese
- 2 tbs plain low fat Greek yogurt
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup organic powdered sugar
- 1/4 cup stevia powder
- You can crush raspberries to make the frosting pink too!
***A FUN FITNESS TIP!! Try adding vanilla protein powder to the cupcake batter and frosting.
- Protein powder makes the cupcakes lower carb and much more like a vanilla cupcake 🙂
- I also like chocolate protein powder in place of 1/4 of the powdered sugar in our frosting.
Dark Chocolate Covered Strawberries!
This is a lot of fun to do with your partner 🙂 or friends. All you will need is fresh strawberries, organic dark chocolate chips and no sugar added coconut flakes. Fill a pot with the chocolate chips and cook on the lowest heat! Be careful because chocolate burns very easily and you will need to continually mix. After dipping the strawberries, cover with toppings. You can also crush almonds or drizzle white chocolate on them. Have fun 😉
This cocktail looks amazing… you can call it a lava lamp of love! The pomegranates float around with the bubbles in the champagne. Just watching it puts you in a trance 😉
- Splash of organic pomegranate juice
- Spoon full of fresh pomegranate seeds
Sparkling Pink Heart Martini
- 1/3 part of organic ginger-ale ( found it at Whole Foods)
- 1/3 part fresh squeezed lemonade with a splash of cranberry juice to make it pink
- 1/3 part vodka
These recipes thanks to the Ladies over at ToneItUp.com – Enjoy and HAPPY valentines Day!