“Love yourself first and everything else falls into line. You really have to love yourself to get anything done in this world.”
– Lucille Ball
Want to fall in love? Start with yourself. Here are 70 actionable ways to love yourself and love your life.
When Valentine’s Day approaches, we all start looking for signs of love outside of ourselves—chocolate, cards, phone calls, flowers, gifts or other sweet sentiments. It’s all too easy to connect our happiness to these external factors and use these things to define the level of love in our lives.
Yet it’s important to remember that happiness is not really determined by the external world, but by the world found inside of you. No amount of flowers, gifts, or love from someone else can fill a void created by a lack of internal happiness. Love is an inside job—and the irony of it is, in order to receive it, we have to already have it. So with Valentine’s Day coming up, Id like to invite you to look at your relationship with yourself and your life. Are you in love with it?
Love takes work. Relationships take work. And the love you have for yourself and your life – yes, you guessed it – takes work. Just like anything worth working for, great love doesn’t happen overnight. It takes time, sweat, dedication, patience, practice, persistence, and a positive attitude. It’s a never ending work in progress but one thing I know for sure: learning to love yourself is a sure way to bring more happiness into your life. Here are 70 actionable ways you can love yourself and create a positive, powerful relationship to your life.
70 Ways to fall in Love With Yourself and Love Your Life.
- Love yourself first.
- Live in the present moment.
- Don’t ignore the past.
- Look for the good in everyone.
- Don’t believe everything you think.
- Be honest with yourself.
- Do what you enjoy doing.
- Eat foods that nourish you from the inside out.
- Travel. As often as possible.
- Give back to others.
- Practice patience.
- Don’t avoid conflict.
- Know what really matters.
- Learn to say no.
- Learn to say yes.
- Create positive rituals.
- Find something to believe in.
- Accept what you cannot change.
- Don’t try to change others.
- Let go, forgive, and move forward.
- Stand up for yourself.
- Be grateful for what you have.
- Avoid judgments, stereotypes, and assumptions.
- Expect good things.
- Be open-minded.
- Find a positive outlet.
- Use positive language (especially when talking to yourself).
- Take chances.
- Don’t sabotage your happiness. Get out of your own way.
- Find your voice and listen to it.
- Surround yourself with positive people.
- Believe in your ability to change your life.
- Don’t compare yourself to others.
- Ask for help.
- Take life one day at a time.
- Treat others how they want to be treated. Golden rule people!
- Don’t let fear hold you back. Feel the fear. Do it anyway.
- Avoid complaining.
- Don’t create unnecessary drama. Don’t put up with people that do.
- Stop making excuses.
- Get rid of mental clutter.
- Get rid of physical clutter.
- Set up clear boundaries.
- Seek out opportunities.
- Don’t take things personally.
- Celebrate the little things.
- Trust your intuition.
- Help others help themselves.
- Be a good listener.
- Don’t take life so seriously.
- Pick your battles.
- Highlight your strengths.
- Look for beauty everywhere.
- Let go of what you don’t need.
- Work hard and play hard.
- Know your life has a purpose.
- Greet yourself with love.
- Pay attention to what your body is saying.
- Take calming time-outs.
- Don’t wait for someday.
- Look for learning opportunities.
- Make time to play.
- Don’t settle. Ever.
- Don’t waste time on hate and envy.
- Handle stress positively.
- Inspire yourself – and others.
- Try your best in everything.
- Turn your face to the sun.
- Stop wanting to be what you’re not.
- Be your own hero.
“The most important relationship in your life is the relationship you have with yourself. Because no matter what happens, you will always be with yourself.”. Give yourself permission to fall in love with yourself, no matter what’s missing or what you wish could be different. You’ve got one life and like it or not, you are married to it. You might as well make it the relationship of a lifetime and find all the beauty in it. To love yourself right now, just as you are, is to give yourself heaven. Don’t wait until you die. If you wait, you die now. If you love, you live now. So go ahead! You have nothing to lose. Fall head over heels in love with yourself and love your life (every minute of it).
Want more help on loving yourself inside and out? Check out my book, Balanced Body Breakthrough . I’ve got chapters worth of content on self love, self-esteem, and self-care. It will help you take action and love yourself so you can love your life.
Other Things To Check Out: