VALENTINES holiday is almost here! Want to sweeten it up a bit?
Whether you follow specific diet, or just want to reduce the amount of white sugar in your life, you’ll want to check out STEVIA, a fabulous natural sweetener and a healthy alternative to sugar. Stevia, is an herb 300 times as sweet as sugar with a glycemic index (GI) of 0.
Stevia is a plant native to South America. It is part of the sunflower family and its leaves are naturally sweet. In fact, the indigenous people used to chew them for their sweet taste and use them to naturally sweeten beverages. Stevia is unique among food ingredients because it doesn’t add calories. Stevia has no calories, and it is 100-300 times sweeter than sugar in the same concentration. It comes in powder or liquid form and can be found in supermarkets or health-food stores. Stevia sometimes has a slightly bitter, licoricey aftertaste that not everyone likes.
Can something THAT sweet be good for you? Actually YES. Stevia is natural, unlike other sugar substitutes. It is NOT an artificial sweetener. It is a real food sweetener! The FDA approved the purified form of stevia as safe to use. Several studies have shown that stevia in its pure form (not processed products like Truvia or PureVia) may actually offer many types of health benefits. It’s been shown to be safe without containing toxins or producing side effects in those who consume it. And because it’s zero calorie and doesn’t spike blood glucose, it’s a great sweetener for diabetics or others with blood sugar issues. Recent research suggests it may help to stabilize insulin levels as well, and some studies even show that it can regulate blood pressure. A Japanese study (where stevia is immensely popular) found that stevia can help to prevent plaque buildup on teeth. In addition, stevia (like all plants) contains antioxidants, known to help fight free radicals that can lead to chronic conditions and cancer.
Thats where NuNaturals (and this week’s Valentines giveaway) come in. I tested at least half a dozen stevia products and found NuNaturals stevia to have the best flavor and to be reasonably cost-effective.
NuNaturals has an extensive line of Stevia products that are 100% natural. They have pure Liquid Stevia in several flavors (like peppermint, lemon, chocolate, vanilla and orange), NuStevia White Stevia Powers, NuStevia No Carbs Blend Stevia Powder, and their newest products- Simple Syrups and Cocoa Syrups. NuNaturals products DO NOT contain aspartame, saccharin, sucralose, high-fructose corn syrup, sugar, soy, yeast, what, milk, synthetics, artificial colors, flavors or preservatives. They are GMO Free, from sustainable agriculture assisting in making a healthy Earth.
NuNaturals NuStevia is Non-Bitter tasting, has ZERO calories, and does not effect blood sugar levels so it is safe for diabetics and figure conscious fitness fanatics. I like to use NuNaturals in my oatmeal and enjoy flavoring my beverages with it too. The options to use it are ENDLESS, theres even an all-star world wide recipe collection that NuNaturals has created online through partnering with healthy living bloggers. To help you celebrate Valentines day, I thought I’d give you one of my favorite HEALTHY, sweet, no-guilt recipes to try featuring NuNaturals stevia.
Caroline’s Raw Coconut Chocolate Almond Treats
These are really fun and easy to make. Healthy enough for a pre-workout bite but indulgent enough for a valentines treat!
- 1/3 cup almond butter
- 1 tbsp. unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 1/4 tsp NuNaturals Vanilla NuStevia
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 1/3 cup + 4 tbsp unsweetened almond milk
- unsweetened shredded coconut (optional)
- Melt almond butter in medium saucepan over medium heat.
- Remove from burner; add in unsweetened cocoa powder and Vanilla NuStevia, and stir until smooth.
- Stir in coconut flour and almond flour (mixture will be crumbly), then add almond milk until fully combined.
- Using a tablespoon, scoop out dough and roll into balls using your hands and place on baking sheet lined with wax paper. Repeat until all dough has been used (optional: roll balls in unsweetened coconut flakes).
- Place in refrigerator for 30 minutes to set.
As a HAPPY VALENTINES gift to you, NuNaturals has generously offered a sweet giveaway package for Caroline Jordan Fitness readers. I’m able to award FOUR winners who will each receive the following:
- 1 bottle of Cherry Vanilla Flavored liquid stevia
- 1 bottle of Peppermint flavored liquid stevia
- 1 50 packet box of our NuStevia White Stevia Powder packets ( great for on the go!)
- Bonus Product (its a surprise!)
- The retail value of all of the above items comes to $54.00… what a nice valentines present !
Entering the giveaway will allow you the chance to try this high quality ALL NATURAL sweetener for FREE. The Cherry Vanilla flavored stevia makes GREAT smoothies and baked goods, and the peppermint is just good in anything ranging from homemade healthy candies, tea, coffee, and hot cocoa. The to-go packets are perfect to throw in your purse for on the go use for if you find yourself out at work, or coffee with a friend and don’t have a healthy sweetener choice. Just pop out a packet and you’re good to go!
How To Enter:
- Visit and LIKE the NuNaturals Facebook page and the Caroline Jordan Fitness Facebook page.
- Share this blog post on twitter or facebook with a tag to @Caroline Jordan Fitness and @NuNaturals . In your post or tweet tell me why you want to win “Caroline Jordan Fitness’s Super Sweet NuNaturals Valentines giveaway”!
THATS IT! So what are you waiting for? Get those entries in! FOUR of you will win! 🙂
* Contest is entry to contestants WORLDWIDE. Be aware no PO boxes are acceptable for shipping, so if you enter, please have a physical location where it can be shipped if you win. All ages welcome. Contest ends Sunday February 15th, 2014 at 11:59 p.m. PST. Four winners will be randomly chosen and announced Monday, February 16th, 2014 by 9 a.m. PST. Winners will also be notified via email by Monday at 9 a.m. PST, February 16th 2014. *
BONUS SPECIAL DISCOUNT for Caroline Jordan Fitness readers :
*Ive got an Exclusive BONUS for you! If you want to order any NuNaturals products, visit their website where you can get a ONE TIME special discount and free shipping over $35 for all U.S residents, however they ship worldwide to anyone.
* This is a great time to stock up on your favorite stevia products, healthy baking supplies, and other goodies. They have a HUGE library of healthy recipes that wont damage your diet and are fun to experiment with 🙂 Check out the NuNuturals website and use this code at checkout: BLG0615 to receive 15% DISCOUNT on your ENTIRE ORDER. This discount remains EFFECTIVE UNTIL JUNE 30, 2015.
Whats one sweet you’ll be enjoying this Valentines Holiday? Cant wait to hear what you think of stevia!
- In The Mood For Love. “Mood Foods” and recipes – hot and delicious 😉
- 10 Ways to make February Happy. Fun!
- SAVE THE DATE! Spring Wellness Retreat Weekend March 21 and 22 with Caroline Jordan Fitness at SOLAGE Resort Calistoga. If you would like to be a part of my next fitness and spa experience at this luxury resort, email me at email@example.com to get more information and save your space in Calistoga in March!